We realize your customize silicone rubber keypad
A silicone rubber keypad is the central component of many keyboards. It determines the haptics, the overall optic impression and the tactile feeling. The electrical behaviour is also directly influenced by integrated contact elements in the keypad (contact pill / metal dome).
Suitable housing, cable assembly, display?
In addition to the membrane keyboard as an input element, we also supply suitable housings, cable assembly, and the pcb , etc. – True to our guideline – single source supply !
Our keypads are available with a large diversity of coatings, including Epoxy, PU, PET, PC and other chemical-resistant and UV-resistant surfaces, to increase resistance to abrasion. High-end keypads with quality keys can be assembled with metal or plastic caps. The design potential of plastic caps is significantly increased through diverse coatings or chrome-plating.
Backlighting and light guides can be integrated in the keypad or the caps as additional options. Various solutions are offered for electrical contacts – from low-cost carbon pills to superior-quality metal domes with a current capacity of up to 2A. Keypads for the automotive industry are often assembled with plastic caps and metal domes. Integrated metal domes ensure longer life combined with excellent haptics. Moreover, we can implement almost all designs and keyboard constructions through our extensive supplier-network.
Advantages of Silicone Rubber Keypads
- Silicone keypads have an obvious advantage in design flexibility.
- Various key shapes and individual key colors, as well as multi-colored background lights are realizable.
- Resistance to moisture, dirt, chemicals and thermal influences.
- Force-Travel ratio can be easily adapted between 20g – 500g to meet customer-specific demands for a particular application.
- Key stroke from 0.3mm to 5.0mm.
- Available with a large diversity of coatings, including Epoxy, PU, PET, PC and other chemical-resistant and UV-resistant surfaces, to increase resistance to abrasion.
- High-end keypads with quality keys can be assembled with metal or plastic caps. The design potential of plastic caps is significantly increased through diverse coatings or chrome-plating.
- Various solutions for electrical contacts – from low-cost carbon pills to superior-quality metal domes with a current capacity of up to 2A.
- High mechanical life with 1-10 million cycles.
The N & H sample set includes a special sample silicone rubber keypad with a variety of sample buttons and constructions, as well as a sample of a membrane keypad with various options.
Each set includes:
- 1 x Silicone rubber keypad sample
- 1 x Membrane keypads sample
- 1 x Design Guide Silicone Rubber Keypad
- 1 x N&H General Catalog
We charge a nominal fee of 29, – € (net. / plus transport costs) for the sample package.
On the basis of your sample, your specification or technical drawing, we will create an individual offer and support you during the project.
We advise you on the selection of suitable materials and offer cost reduction options. We offer you an active co-operation in the development and construction and give suggestions for improvement.
For a technical consultation please contact us by phone: +49 (0) 2154 – 81250. Also a personal meeting in our office or at your place is possible by appointment.
For an offer we need:
- technical drawing, sketch or pattern
- technical specifications, equipment extras
- required amount
Please send following informations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
One of our engineering experts will contact you asap.
Of course, you can also use our contact form