We realize your customize silicone rubber keypad
In many keyboards, a silicone keypad is the central component. It triggers a direct switching function on the printed circuit board underneath. It determines the feel, the visual and tactile impression and via the integrated contact elements, the electrical behavior. In addition, the silicone rubber keypad mat often has a sealing function on the circuit board.
A silicone keypads adapts to your construction and is extremely flexible. Different key shapes and individual key colors, as well as multi-colored keyboard lighting, can be easily implemented. It is waterproof and dustproof, and has an excellent resistance to high or low temperatures.
Special surface coatings, such as PU or epoxy coating, make the keys surface permanently abrasion-resistant. High-end keypads can be implemented by using safety mats with plastic or metal caps. The plastic caps can be designed in a variety of ways with different paint finishes, laser cuts or chrome plating. Their long service life makes silicone keypads a long-lasting solution with a low maintenance risk. Due to their elastic contact structure, the noise development is minimal.
Silicone keymats have always been part of our core competencies and we support and advise you in detail on the equipment and material selection. We can also take over the complete development and construction of a suitable silicone keypad for your application.
Advantages of Silicone Rubber Keypads
- Force-Travel ratio can be easily adapted between 20g – 500g to meet customer-specific demands for a particular application.
- Key stroke from 0.3mm to 5.0mm.
- Various solutions for electrical contacts – from low-cost carbon pills to superior-quality metal domes with a current capacity of up to 2A.
- High mechanical lifetime with up to 10 million cycles.
- Resistance to moisture, dirt, chemicals and thermal influences.
- Design flexibility: Various key shapes and individual key colors, as well as multi-colored background lights are realizable.
- Available with a large diversity of coatings, including Epoxy, PU, PET, PC and other chemical-resistant and UV-resistant surfaces, to increase resistance to abrasion.
- High-end keypads with quality keys can be assembled with metal or plastic caps. The design potential of plastic caps is significantly increased through diverse coatings or chrome-plating.
Suitable housing, cable assembly, display?
In addition to the membrane keyboard as an input element, we also supply suitable housings, cable assembly, and the pcb , etc. – True to our guideline – single source supply !